Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh conducts a central written admission test at the national level for admission in the government and non-government Medical Colleges each year. They publish a merit list for eligible candidates. The authority of Green Life Medical College selects the students according to the merit list from the students who applied for admission in GMC.
Criteria for Admission of Foreign Students in The Green Life Medical College in Bangladesh for 2022-2023 Academic Year Under Self-finance Scheme:
1. Equivalence of Foreign Degree:
- Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ ‘A’ level) or equivalent examination.
- SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination passed not before 2020
- HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination passed not before 2022
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 9.00 (nine)
- Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/’0′ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA.
- Therefore, GPA in SSC/ ‘O’ or equivalent examination = (total marks obtained in top five subjects) ÷ 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA. Qualifying grade in each subject individually is “C”.
- Therefore, GPA in HSC/ ‘A’ or equivalent examination= (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
2. Application Form:
- Three (3) copies of duly filled application forms along with the following documents should be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka :
- Copy of passport
- Six (6) passport size photographs
- All certificates duly attested by the competent authority, i. e. the Education Ministry of the respective country and also be authenticated by the respective Bangladesh Missions abroad/Foreign Missions based in Dhaka.
3. Application Fee:
Each applicant must attach with his/her application a non-refundable Demand Draft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) of US$ 60.00 (sixty) payable to: “The Director, Medical Education and HMPD, DGHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh”.
4. Only the applications processed through Bangladesh Missions abroad or through the Missions in Dhaka of respective countries will be considered for admission. Applications must reach the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dhaka within the application deadline, which will be published in the websites of DGHS, Bangladesh (www.dghs.gov.bd) and Consulate of Bangladesh (www.bangladeshconsulatela.com).
5. Applications should be submitted in the prescribed form to be available from DGHS website:www.dghs.gov.bd). Attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets etc. have to be submitted along with the application. All certificates and mark-sheets must be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. No application will be accepted without attestation.
6. To ensure citizenship of foreign students, attested copies of passport must be submitted along with the application. The certificates/mark sheets and other testimonials need to be attested by the respective country’s education board/education ministry.
7. Candidates interested in seeking admission in GMC, need to mention the name of Green Life Medical College in their application.
8. Successful applicants will have to produce all the original academic certificates and mark-sheets/transcripts during their admission.
Information for the Parents/Guardians:
i. There are four professional examinations in MBBS Curriculum. There are two sessions of Professional MBBS Examination in a year, i.e. in May and November.
ii. Parents should encourage the student to attend their classes, item exams, term exams, as they are required to complete and pass all term exams. Seventy five percent (75%) class attendance is required to be eligible for the each professional examination.
iii. The tuition fee per month should be paid within the first week of every month. Failure of payment within due date is liable to pay a late fee per day along with the dues. For delay in payment of one month the name of the particular student will be removed from the Attendance Register. The name of the student will be removed from the College Register if the payment is not given for three months consecutively.
iv. After successfully passing final professional MBBS examination there is one year Internship Training in Green Life Medical College Hospital.
v. Use of any kind of smart phone or tablet computer by the student is prohibited in the classrooms and campus. Use of internet in normal mobile set is also not allowed.
GMC has two separate accommodation facilities for boys and girls. The rooms are comprising of double bed and triple bed. The accommodation facilities will be provided subject to the availability. However, seats are reserved for foreign students.